There are several
The local department in your local area is regulate teach all of the small details to people before issuing you with a vehicle. These qualifications vary from country to country and if you are really interested in becoming a competent driver, you should be aware of them.
- Age. In most countries the legal age for you to acquire a driver’s license is 18 years. In some other countries like the USA, the legal age is brought down to 16 years.
- Education requirements. You should hold at least a high school diploma or an equivalent of it if you wish to be a driver. No illiterates are given a driver’s license. This can cause a lot of problems on the road if you cannot adhere to the said rules.
- Vision test. This means that you need to be able to see properly. Regularly, visually impaired people are not advised to drive themselves. This is because driving requires the use of eyes as well as hands and legs. When you cannot see it means you cannot get to know which direction you are going to.
- Physical examination. You will need to be screened thoroughly. The physical and also mental examinations are done to ensure that you can be in a fit physical mode when you are on the road. Sick people need to know that the driver’s key are not for them. They can cause accidents.
- Background checks. A lot of countries prefer to give silences to people who follow the rules and regulation stipulated by their governments. This necessitates the need for a keen background check and criminal check to see if you had any criminal records. If you have been arrested for a very big offence for instance murder, your license application will be revoked.
- Driving records. Before you are given a license card, you are provided with a free reign period whereas you are allowed by the regulatory bodies to experiment your skills. Your record is then evaluated and if you have made a lot of traffic rules offences, you are not given a license.
Apart from the above requirements you are also needed to fill out an application for driving instructor license at your area’s DMV office.